Willmar firefighters aided by neighboring departments as they battle garage and house fire in sub-zero temperatures on Sunday

WILLMAR – The Willmar Fire Department called neighboring services for help due to subzero temperatures when firefighters responded at 10:18 a.m. on Sunday to a report of a garage fire that had broken out. spread to the house next door to the 600 block of Southeast Ninth Street.

Everyone was out of the house safe and sound, according to Willmar Fire Chief Frank Hanson.

The first firefighters to arrive at the scene reported thick black smoke and a fire originating from the garage doors. The garage was completely devastated by flames, according to a statement from the chef.

The fire spread quickly from the garage to the attached house. Firefighters remained at the scene until approximately 3:15 p.m. Sunday.

The garage and its contents are a total loss. The house and its contents were damaged by smoke and water, as well as fire damage.

Firefighters from the Blomkest, Kandiyohi, Spicer and New London fire departments responded. The Kandiyohi County Rescue Squad helped with the air supply. CentraCare Emergency Medical Service responded to the initial injury call.

A portable heater that had been placed too close to some furniture in the garage was determined to be the cause of the blaze, according to the chief, who is also the city’s fire marshal.

The Wilmar Police Department, Willmar Public Works and Willmar Municipal Utilities also attended the scene.

Source link

About Lillie Berry

Lillie Berry

Check Also

KeyX smart car key and universal remote control

KeyX is a new smart car key that not only allows you to control and …