Office of Behavioral Health
Road to Recovery Program
Full-time county contract with fringe benefits
Date posted: 1.10.22
Closing Date : 1.24.22
Site: Various locations throughout the county. Home base will be at Behavioral Health Services, South County, 839 Bestgate Road, Annapolis, MD 21401
Salary: $ 18.50 per hour.
Hours: The basic hours for the position are Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Advantages: Participation in the county’s collective health plan (including dental, prescription and optical), paid leave, annual leave and sick leave. The selected employee may also participate in the County Deferred Compensation Program at their own expense.
Nature of the work: The successful candidate will function as a non-clinical, peer-based professional who will engage, educate and support individuals to make the life changes necessary to recover from crippling mental illness and / or substance use disorders. The candidate will be responsible for facilitating care and streamlining transfers with other parts of the county health system, and ensuring that Wellmobile participants receive the appropriate continuing care. Key tasks include:
- Promote timely access to appropriate care
- Help clients navigate the service delivery system
- Create and promote adherence to a recovery plan, developed in coordination with the client and, where applicable, providers and family / caregivers
- Facilitate client engagement and treatment follow-up
- Increase the client’s ability to self-manage and make shared decisions
- Connect clients to relevant community resources with the goal of improving client health and recovery
Bachelor’s degree or associate’s degree with at least two years of work in the field of behavioral health.
- Must be able to provide a personal statement describing the skills and abilities he has to offer in this area of work.
- Experience working with people on drugs for opioid use disorders.
- Must be able to maintain daily contact notes and submit monthly reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Must be able to coach and model effective coping skills and develop a relationship of trust.
- Strong communication skills with other healthcare professionals, colleagues and clients.
- Basic computer skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Professional behavior.
How to register
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications can apply. Send a completed application or resume to: Sheri Streit, 3 Harry S. Truman Parkway, Annapolis, MD 21401; fax to 410-222-4392; or by email at [email protected] before January 24, 2022.
An employer guaranteeing equal opportunities
You can also view other vacancies with Anne Arundel County
or with the State of Maryland.